Thursday, October 1, 2009

"Who the hell are you," you wonder?

A little introduction is in order so that all the other posts are at least somewhat coherent.

To sum it up neatly, I was born in Cali, came from a temporarily prospering family which ended as a fragmented one, raised in France, kicked out and sent back to NYC (I moved around a lot prior to moving to France, and lived in NYC for a couple years), went to a boarding school upstate NY, then an irresponsible lifestyle led to my dropping out of college and being arrested for selling ecstasy.

Sentenced to 2.5 years of prison, after 1.5 years of pretrial and 3 years of probation, I dealt with the feds for 7 years of my life. Right now (at 27), that's a little more than a quarter of my entire life. All this for 1,500 pills, a profit margin of no more than $5,000 lol. Pitiful, but my motivation for selling drugs wasn't to make a profit, but rather to get free drugs and maintain the lifestyle I was accustomed to. I didn't really abide by the rule "Don't get high off your own supply," but with all the drugs in my system, I'm pretty confident my brain wasn't functioning properly.

This should, in essence, put into perspective the rest of the memories and stories posted here. Some have somewhat of a moral, or a lesson learned upon reflection. Some are just funny or crazy. Some might be rhymes, short fictional stories, or just memories. Oh great, the ramblings of an ex-junkie...


Basically you get a free peak into my soul and a sideline seat to my battle with my inner beast(s), which, up until recently, I thought was going to be a never-ending fight.

Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I will writing it. Then again, if you don't, this is about MY life, not yours ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment